Proposal: 1.8 release and development process changes

Keith Packard keithp at
Thu Jan 7 08:14:43 PST 2010

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 01:08:42 +1000, Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at> wrote:

>    I think 3 + 2 + 1 months should be approporiate for the various stages.

Following Peter's proposed schedule, we're now in the 'bugfix' phase for
server version 1.8. Any major feature changes not incorporated in the
server at this point will need to wait for server version 1.9.

If there are important new features which are ready to merge, please
post them and we can argue over whether to pull them in now or not.

keith.packard at
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : 

More information about the xorg-devel mailing list