[RFC v2] xf86-input-evdev: Slotted MT events and mixed mode devices

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Mon Jul 5 17:45:46 PDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 05, 2010 at 08:39:46PM -0400, Chase Douglas wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-07-06 at 10:11 +1000, Peter Hutterer wrote:
> > ok, I give up with copy/paste, please send this one to the list as well.
> > well, all of them please once you've fixed them up. Benjamin's valuator
> > properties patch is fine, please don't modify this one anymore.
>
> Will do.
>
> Generally, I didn't want to flood the list with patches that I felt
> weren't fully baked yet. That's why I used the [RFC] tag in the subject
> emails. I'm really looking more for a general idea of "this seems like a
> reasonable solution to the problem" or "this just won't work because of
> this usage scenario", etc. The style issues can be dealt with in due
> time, but I don't want to waste time on them right now if the whole
> approach is wrong-headed.

yeah, I know how you feel and I sometimes do the same for early-in-the-works
stuff - but only if I don't expect any reviews.

pull requests are for patches. If you're unsure about the high-level
approach, just send an email describing the detailed approach and add the
link as "btw, here's the current implementation". that signals that you're
not looking for patch reviewers yet but for help with the approach itself.

Cheers,
  Peter