[RFC] xserver: Masked valuators, DIDs, and ABS_MT_SLOT

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Mon Jul 5 18:04:04 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 01, 2010 at 06:36:18PM -0400, Chase Douglas wrote:
> The following changes since commit a71dbc03e65cf7b0654a6eca93ce0bf6a1711ffa:
>
>   Bump to version 1.8.99.904 (1.9 RC4) (2010-07-01 08:27:05 -0400)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>   git://kernel.ubuntu.com/cndougla/xserver.git master
>
> Chase Douglas (3):
>       Add extra functions for masked valuator input API

yes, but no :)
idea is right, implementation needs work. Please send this as a patch for
better comments. Most notably, you don't need GetPointerEventsM, just change GPE to take
the mask bits and fix up the callers in the DDXs.

there's Add support for per-axis valuator modes (Relative/Absolute) in the
current tree, few issues with it, please send the patch.

>       Add internal direct input device handling

no. see the other thread, still typing.

>       Add atom name for ABS_MT_SLOT properties

I'm not sure at all about this. I was hoping to abstract the slots so we
don't need to expose thos to the clients.

Cheers,
  Peter