projects for new developers (was: request for help - evdev third-button emulation)

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Tue Jul 6 09:54:10 PDT 2010

Peter Hutterer wrote:
> This task is definitely suitable for someone starting with X.org
> development. Let me know if you're interested, and I'll help you get
> started.

Are there other tasks like that we should be making a list of (either in
the wiki or via a new bugzilla keyword)?   Things that aren't as mechanical
as the "janitorial" lists, but are newbie appropriate?    I guess some of
what's on http://www.x.org/wiki/ToDo applies, but it's hard to tell there
which would be easy to do without knowing the whole code base in depth.

There's also openhatch.org, which tries to be a clearinghouse to connect
interested developers with projects that need help - I've played with it
enough to create an X.Org listing, but not had time to do more than that:
	http://openhatch.org/+projects/X.Org

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com