New approach to multitouch using DIDs and bitmasked events

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Tue Jul 6 13:16:36 PDT 2010

Am 06.07.2010 02:29, schrieb Peter Hutterer:
> On Sat, Jul 03, 2010 at 09:13:24AM +0200, Simon Thum wrote:
> no, the plan is essentially to have the server hand the driver fully
> initialized device structs during PreInit so that the driver really only
> calls the options parser and inits whatever it needs internally.
>
> based on that, we should be able to get the hotplugging information into the
> device struct, thus making in-driver hotplugging code easier.
>
> the goal is to have evdev split mixed devices into a X11 keyboard + mouse
> device without having the hotplugging hacks that we currently require in the
> wacom driver.
>
> what changes did you have planned?
Well, I thought I'd make a function which does common
post-initialization (post = after driver inited structs). To be
sensible, this must be in xf86 so we can parse/access options.
Currently, it's hacked into xf86InitValuatorAxis because of that.

It you're moving toward server-inited structs, I guess such a post-init
point will come to live?

Cheers,

Simon