New approach to multitouch using DIDs and bitmasked events

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Mon Jul 5 17:29:54 PDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 03, 2010 at 09:13:24AM +0200, Simon Thum wrote:
> Am 02.07.2010 11:36, schrieb Peter Hutterer:
> > It'd be interesting to see how much work it is to have this API
> > _replace_ the current API. Gives us more exposure and better testing.
> > Note that I have some more API changes planned (not coded) that simplify
> > the init process, they should all go in in one go.
> Do you already have some code I could see? I'd like to fix pointer accel
> (and related things) init. I know I don't really have the time to do
> this properly, so if you let me hook in maybe it's done in just a few LOC's.

no, the plan is essentially to have the server hand the driver fully
initialized device structs during PreInit so that the driver really only
calls the options parser and inits whatever it needs internally.

based on that, we should be able to get the hotplugging information into the
device struct, thus making in-driver hotplugging code easier.

the goal is to have evdev split mixed devices into a X11 keyboard + mouse
device without having the hotplugging hacks that we currently require in the
wacom driver.

what changes did you have planned?

Cheers,
  Peter