Glyph rendering

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Wed Jul 21 00:18:22 PDT 2010

On Mit, 2010-07-21 at 11:27 +0800, Huang, FrankR wrote:

> I am trying to use ARGB to play a trick to do the PICT_a8 add. From
> the debug, the memory space add value is right. But the final result
> is not correct.

It might be possible to pull this off if the hardware supports a
writemask for the ARGB destination.

> Then I wrote a function to do the PICT_a8 add operation( MAX(x+y,
> 255)), the result is right. And the performance has grown up to
> 23700/s. It is same as using "NoAccel" way:).

That still seems rather low though - radeon/intel/nouveau drivers easily
get beyond 10x that. I suspect you could also get much better still if
you can eliminate any software rendering and other GPU pipeline stalls.