Glyph rendering

Huang, FrankR FrankR.Huang at amd.com
Wed Jul 21 00:30:26 PDT 2010

Michel,

	Sure. Firstly, Geode is not ATI and Intel graphics card:). I have a RS690 board. As you said, the speed is nearly 700000/s.
	I have tested if it using PICT_a8r8g8b8 trick when it is fully implemented in HW(althought the result is wrong). The speed(may be is maximum) is nearly 100000/s. But as you known, for the PICT_a8r8g8b8 method, the width and height of source sometimes can not be divied by 4(such as 5...), so the remaining pixel PictOpAdd should be done by SW code. So for geode, it can not be fully implemented using HW way. For the mixed way(HW+SW as I described above), the speed can be 50000/s, unfortunely the result still is not correct(seems correct by debugging, I'm still checking it).
	Right now, using the fully SW way(Do PictOpAdd one by one), I have put the performance up 4 times. As before, it is 5500/s. So I think we should accept this way right now.

Thanks,
Frank