Multikey autorepetition

Антон Ерофеевский aeforeve at mail.ru
Wed Jul 28 02:43:18 PDT 2010

sory for my english

Multikey autorepetition in linux and x-win

Has decided to write for this purpose - that most to understand - whether is it in linux a defect or and has been conceived

The basic question in that is that if to press 2 keys - why one repeats only?

Will tell I in a spreadsheet I press downwards and to the right - and in general that I expect that the cursor will run on a diagonal - but it прет only in one direction

Why? It is a defect or and should be?

I for myself have found in a kernel and in иксах places that for it answer - they strangely enough are almost identical that in a kernel that in иксах

And the theory is that - if not to concern ps/2 keyboards - that an essence here in what usb the keyboard sends in a computer of purely event of pressing and unpressing keys - and it is 8 byte package - 1 byte a condition of keys of modifiers - 2 byte a reserve - 3-8 bytes codes of the pressed keys
For this reason usb the keyboard theoretically to serve only 6 simultaneous pressing (without modifiers)

here - a car usb the key at all is not engaged in repetition - in system that in a kernel that in x-win - for autorepetition the usual timer answers - which joins by key pressing - and through the necessary intervals adds pressing
But it is made so - that autorepeat only one key

Here and at me the question is a defect or and should be?

If interestingly I have made patch for x-win for real multikey autorepetition

http://188.72.205.144/mkr/xorg-server-1.7.7mkr.patch
http://188.72.205.144/mkr/xorg-server-1.8.99mkr.patch