Multikey autorepetition

Éric Piel E.A.B.Piel at tudelft.nl
Thu Jul 29 05:57:36 PDT 2010

Op 28-07-10 11:43, Антон Ерофеевский schreef:
:
> Has decided to write for this purpose - that most to understand -
> whether is it in linux a defect or and has been conceived
>
> The basic question in that is that if to press 2 keys - why one
> repeats only?
Hei,
I like very much this idea. Indeed, from a user's point of view, it's
very weird that when you press several keys, only one of them is
repeated. At a time where we support multitouch for the mouse, it's such
a shame multitouch on a keyboard doesn't work. The example of pressing
two arrow keys at the same time shows that it could clearly be useful.

Антон has even written a patch to implement it!

Is there any X guru who could explain why such behaviour would break
totally the X11 paradigm... or review the patch?
Peter maybe?

Cheers,
Eric