[RFC] Refactoring of dix/dixutils.c

Tomas Carnecky tom at dbservice.com
Fri Jul 30 09:52:01 PDT 2010

On 7/30/10 5:22 PM, Fernando Carrijo wrote:
> I probably didn't understand quite well the reason for what you guys mean by
> server-side XCB. Google did't help too much either, although I wonder it might
> be not far from avoiding the burden of maintaining bulky and error-prone code
> by automatically generating server internal request dispatch stubs based on XML
> descriptions of the protocol. Is it better documented somewhere?

A few weeks I slowly started to work on that. Currently I have the DPMS
extension protocol completely handled with code that I generate from
xml. Maybe it's time to submit my work so far for review. Btw, I've
chosen to put the source into a top-level directory proto/, because,
after all, it's related to the X11 protocol.

tom