build.sh broken on Solaris 10

Gaetan Nadon memsize at videotron.ca
Fri Nov 12 07:00:09 PST 2010

On Thu, 2010-11-11 at 18:57 -0600, Pat Kane wrote:

> You guys have added some really nice features to build.sh, like "-L",
> thank you.
> I would not mind if you required that it be a bash script, just that
> the 1st line says
> it is a /bin/sh script.
>
> If anyone really thinks that this build.sh script needs to be
> compatible with a very
> old /bin/sh I will create a patch to fix the problems.
>
> My vote is to keep it a /bin/bash script and  wave goodbye to the 20th
> century,
> shall I make a patch for that?

It's basically for users like yourself to decide. The script will only
live if people are using it and maintaining it.

I think the "local" was a recent addition, I don't recall the script not
working on any specific platform.
That can be fixed easily.

I recall objections for this script to being a bash script only on this
list not too long ago. I think it was because
bash is not always installed, not sure. I'd rather see the script be
fixed to work for the largest number of users.

BTW, I pushed your patch a couple of days ago, thanks.

Gaetan