Handling GenericEvents in XSendEvent()

Denis Dzyubenko shadone at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 10:45:28 PST 2010

Hi,

On 26 November 2010 23:19, Carlos Garnacho <carlos at lanedo.com> wrote:
> A few weeks ago I sent some patches to make XSendEvent() deal with
> GenericEvents, which stayed mostly unreviewed, I'm reposting these,
> rebased against recent masters, also including some docs for the XGE
> updates.
>
> Any comment is welcome, IMHO it'd be great to have this so a XI2-aware
> implementation of XEmbed can be done sooner rather than later.

I second this, it would be really useful to make XSendEvent support
GenericEvents!

One more thing that is missing for any application or toolkit to fully
switch to XI2 is input methods - XFilterEvent supporting GenericEvents
as well as third-party input method implementations like ibus.

--
Best regards,
Denis.