libXaw3d hosting on freedesktop

Gaetan Nadon memsize at videotron.ca
Tue Aug 2 14:42:04 PDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-08-02 at 01:01 -0400, Matt Turner wrote:

> Rebased everything on 1.5E and rewrote the autotools files to more
> closely match libXaw. I've never done this before so I'm sure there
> are errors, but the autotools stuff seems to work well. I also split
> out the header files into an include directory to match what other
> libraries do.
>
> Give it a look over. :)

Minor suggestions:

- Mention in the README.XAW3D where the code was imported from. Ideally,
it would name the X.Org release of libXaw it is the closest to.
- Consider making a 1.6 release that is strictly porting from IMakefile
to Autoconf to flush out any porting bugs.

Noting that the soname is libXaw, it means to me it is yet another
flavor of libXaw (like libXaw6 and libXaw7). Has it been considered to
have an xaw3d.pc file? Only one of the 3 flavors will get installed.
Will xaw3d be able to handle anything xaw6/xaw7 does?

I am making the assumption that there is a desire to augment the current
X.Org libXaw with 3D functions.