doxygen help (xserver won't make dist due to missing hw/dmx/doc/html/main.html)

Gaetan Nadon memsize at videotron.ca
Tue Mar 29 06:13:32 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-03-28 at 23:29 -0700, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> As a followup, it seems that my 'make dist' in recent 1.9.x releases
> was actually not rebuilding hw/dmx/doc/html but using an existing
> version built back in October.  I'm only noticing this now because I
> did a new checkout for 1.10 and thus don't have the old files.

make distclean will remove the generated html files.

> My guess is that older doxygen build main.html, and newer ones build
> index.html, so I'm just updating EXTRA_DIST with the updated list of
> generated files and will use that... expect 1.10.1 RC1 tomorrow.
> Sorry for the delay.

If what you suspect is correct, someone else will have the same problem
with the new list in EXTRA_DIST. There is no guarantee that the list of
generated files will remain the same over time. I have been advocating
not to include these generated files in the tarball. I have not seen
evidence that any distro is missing doxygen to build these files. The
time and effort spent to maintain this is disproportionate with the
benefits (I suspect none) it brings.