xscope: missing xtrans configure check

Thomas Klausner wiz at NetBSD.org
Thu Oct 18 22:55:18 PDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 10:35:26PM -0700, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> I do see it doesn't build without xtrans now - is there some reason
> that's a useful way to build it?   Should we just make the xtrans
> requirement absolute?   It's not hard to fix, but since no one maintains
> the non-xtrans mode, we may go another 5 years after the next time it
> breaks before anyone notices.

Thanks for looking at it. I don't particularly need it, I just wanted
to report the build failure.

Actually, I built it with xtrans enabled and tried running an xterm
against it, but gave up after about 4-5 minutes where nothing
happened. (xterms without xscope start immediately.) Perhaps I was too
impatient.
 Thomas