support for HW_SKIP_CONSOLE breaks use by blind people

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Tue Jan 8 09:04:28 PST 2013

Timothy Meade, le Tue 08 Jan 2013 09:53:45 -0500, a écrit :
> There are already distro specific configuration scripts for setting up
> Linux for blind user,

And we should avoid them whenever possible.

> could they add this option when they configure the dummy output?

I'm against such kind of solution.

The problem is that making special configurations for blind users leads
to endless issues for them to get their machine working. And it's
particularly difficult for a (non-technical!) blind person to manage to
do it. On the other hand, people who need to do tests & such are surely
technical, and most probably are able to see and understand what is
happening.

Samuel