support for HW_SKIP_CONSOLE breaks use by blind people

Michal Suchanek hramrach at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 06:26:26 PST 2013

On 10 January 2013 15:27, Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> wrote:
> Michal Suchanek, le Thu 10 Jan 2013 15:20:21 +0100, a écrit :
>> Dummy driver sets the flag because it does not need console and then
>> the console is not open although evedev which requires console and
>> does not set the flag is loaded later.
>
> Which is what I mentioned in yet another mail during the thread (placing
> the xf86OpenConsole call). Please just read mails.

I don't know where the mails about that are. Definitely not in my mailbox.

>> X server saves the flag when it's set on the first driver and opens
>> the console when it is not set on the first driver

I tried to patch the X server to check the skip flag on input driver
also and it works as expected in the usual cases.

I did not get to testing it on a ACPI-free platform yet.

The patches do not apply to X server master probably because of the reindent.

Adding to struct should not cause an ABI break so should be safe to apply.

Thanks

Michal