X.Org looking for projects and mentors for the Outreach Program for Women

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Thu Sep 4 16:01:44 PDT 2014

Hi everyone,

X.Org will join the Outreach Program for Women (OPW) in Round 9 (December
2014 - March 2015). The OPW is "open to anyone who was
assigned female at birth and anyone who identifies as a woman, genderqueer,
genderfluid, or genderfree regardless of gender presentation or assigned sex
at birth."
For more details on the program see https://wiki.gnome.org/OutreachProgramForWomen

We've secured funding for one participant and are currently looking for
suitable projects and mentors. The scope of the program is "not limited to
coding, but include user experience design, graphic design, documentation,
web development, marketing, translation and other types of tasks needed to
sustain a FOSS project."

So if you are interested in mentoring or you can think of a suitable
project, please add it to the wiki page or alternatively email me.
http://www.x.org/wiki/XorgOPW/

If you are interested in participating and you can think of a suitable
project, please do the same and we'll try our best to find a mentor for you.

The applications will open on September 22, so let's get some good projects
up there by then!

Cheers,
   Peter, on behalf of the X.Org BoD