[RESEND] xfree86: prune duplicate monitor modes.

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Thu Sep 1 18:39:34 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 01-09-16 16:36, Adam Jackson wrote:
> On Thu, 2016-09-01 at 16:19 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
>
>> And almost another year later. I've been going over
>> patches stuck in patchwork today and this one stood out,
>> I believe the problem is still valid, correct ?
>
> Why do you think this is "stuck"?

It still showed up in: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/project/Xorg/patches/
for me. But I see it no longer does now ?

> desoxy:~/git/xserver% pwc list 'prune duplicate'
> 13859   Superseded   [2/2] xfree86: prune duplicate monitor modes.
> 14247   Superseded   [RESEND] xfree86: prune duplicate monitor modes.
> 67776   Changes Requested [RESEND] xfree86: prune duplicate monitor modes.
>
> The issue this was addressing is in code that I deleted in this series:
>
> https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg-devel/2016-January/048443.html
>
> Which was eventually merged after some fixes. Maybe I missed something?

AFAICT there is still a leak / problem:

hw/xfree86/modes/xf86EdidModes.c: xf86EdidMonitorSet()
appends all modes from EDID, if it calls twice, all the
modes will end up twice in Monitor->Modes, or am I missing
something here ?

Maybe the caller of xf86EdidMonitorSet() clears
the Modes list each time before it calls xf86EdidMonitorSet() ?

Note in that case it does not need to check whether it needs
to append or is setting a new mode list, which it currently
does.

Regards,

Hans