gitlab migration

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 13 09:24:47 UTC 2018

Daniel Stone composed on 2018-06-13 09:24 (UTC+0100):

> Felix Miata wrote:

>> James Cloos composed on 2018-06-12 17:38 (UTC-0400):

>> > Two comments:

>> > BZ is superior to GL (or GH or the like).

>> Strongly agree, especially for returning useful search results!!!

> What kind of searches have you tried which returned better search
> results on Bugzilla than GitLab?

I gave up trying too long ago to remember. Best of my recollection is all of
them, generally getting too many to sift through, or zarro. I'm speaking of
gitlab/github (which is it anyway?) generally, not any specific project's. BZ I
got used to over 17 years go, when learning new things had not yet become
problematic.

Bad as yesteryear's web was, the current one is worse. Firefox ESR 60 download
is 648% the size of Firefox 1.0. All the benefit of broadband has been eaten up
by bottlenecks, bloated browsers and gargantuan web pages. Googling 'gitlab
xorg' or 'github xorg' don't provide anything resembling an actual home page URI
like https://bugs.freedesktop.org/. https://www.x.org/wiki/Development/ doesn't
either. Maybe these are a good sign, one to indicate Ajax's migration hasn't
actually started.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/