Radeonhd repo not migrated to gitlab.

Kevin Brace kevinbrace at gmx.com
Wed Mar 13 16:00:00 UTC 2019

Hi Daniel,

I am not here to side with either one of you (i.e., Luc or you), but I have been wondering why some of the older, neglected (I use the word "underserved" to describe it) DDXs in general have weird git and ssh clone addresses.
For example, Number Nine Imagine 128 DDX.

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-i128/

--
Clone
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-i128

Why do I see this xorg/xserver-test for xorg/driver/xf86-video-i128?
    Another example will be S3 ViRGE DDX.

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-s3virge/

--
Clone
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-s3virge

This time I see xorg/driver/xf86-video-p690.
    I probably should not get into the conspiracy theory territory, but for some of the underserved DDXs some months ago, the git and ssh cloning addresses were definitely pointing to xorg/driver/xf86-video-radeonhd.
It was about roughly when you were working on GitLab migration.
Considering that the history between you and Luc, is there a good explanation for why the cloning addresses for git and ssh were pointing to xorg/driver/xf86-video-radeonhd back then?
I have been wondering if this was some kind of a prank considering the history of xf86-video-radeonhd.
I do not have a personal stake in what happened between you and Luc some years ago, but if you can try to correct the wrong git and ssh cloning address issue, that will be appreciated.

Regards,

Kevin Brace
Brace Computer Laboratory blog
https://bracecomputerlab.com