PATCH: add -defaultRepeatDelay and -defaultRepeatInterval flags

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 07:39:25 UTC 2020

On Thu, 2 Apr 2020 15:04:40 +0200
Michael Stapelberg <michael+freedesktop at stapelberg.ch> wrote:

> Done: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/-/merge_requests/416/diffs
>
> I had tried sending a merge request before sending the patch to this
> mailing list, but couldn’t find a fork button.
>
> Today, gitlab.freedesktop.org showed me a prompt about not having an
> SSH key configured and not having a Personal Access Token created,
> explaining that the lack of these will prevent me from writing any
> code.
>
> Regarding Personal Access Tokens: it wasn’t entirely obvious to me how
> to use these. Maybe GitLab could link to a help page explaining that
> the URL format to use in git is
> https://<token-name>:<token-token>@gitlab.freedesktop.org/<account>/xserver

Hm, playing with such tokens should not normally be necessary at all,
people use the SSH URL instead. The SSH URL for pushing to a
personal fork is of the form:

git at gitlab.freedesktop.org:pq/weston.git

Notice how the user name is "git", not "pq". It's "git" for everyone,
and this is the kind of url you should see in Gitlab when you look at
your own fork's "clone" button.

So SSH key, yes. Tokens I have never needed myself.

Thanks,
pq