New libxcvt library

Olivier Fourdan ofourdan at redhat.com
Mon Apr 19 14:09:58 UTC 2021

Hi Walter,

On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 12:32 PM Walter Harms <wharms at bfs.de> wrote:

> i think it is a good idea.
> Can you give a hint how big that lib is ?

Right now, it's extremely tiny, the lib is mostly one function taken from
the xserver.

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/ofourdan/libxcvt

Even when the idea is good it is not really helpful to have to many
> different libs hanging around.

Well, it's still better than duplicating code within the same project :)

> I read Keith Packard was already considering putting that into xrandr, if
> its not to big i would say it would
> be a good idea to collect the monitor related things into one lib (EDID
> ?).

I am completely open to adding more features and fixes to the lib,
actually, it was one of the stated goals, the code is in need of TLC and
having it in one place should help with that goal.

Cheers
Olivier