ATI open source vs Catalyst phoronix benchmarks

Marek Olšák maraeo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 10:29:48 PDT 2010

Michael should really be running xf86-video-ati and libdrm from git and
latest kernel-rcX, otherwise the perfomance will continue to suck in his
articles.

There are performance improvements and there will be more as time goes by,
but the majority of them is and will be disabled with old kernels and DDX
drivers.

-Marek

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu_lts_graphics&num=1