Rotate left and Rotate right at higher resolutions - result in distorted graphics

DarkKnight BrightWarrior bindasbeast at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 23:45:20 PDT 2010

Hai!

I am using centos 5.3. I upgraded it with Xorg7.3. My graphics card is ati
radeon x1200.
Xserver version is 1.4.2 and xf86-video-ati version is 6.6.3 (also checked
6.6.9).
I am using r500 video driver.

My system has large lcd panel of 1920x1080 resolution. All rotation
options working fine for resolutions like 1280x1024 and 1024x768.
But for higher resolutions like 1920x1080 and 1680x1050 the rotation options
left and right are not working, they result in distorted and corrupted
graphics (at the right side when we rotate left). Rotate inverted is working
fine, problem comes for left and right rotations only. this distorted
graphics will disappear when we comeback from left/right rotation to normal
or inverted. I am using xrandr -o left command for rotation and its output
is normal with verbose option also.
What can be the reason? Please give your suggestions.

(I tried installing propreitary ati dirver. With propreitary driver
everything working fine. But I do not want to use that.)