Question on git merge patch

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Wed Oct 12 02:46:18 PDT 2011

On Mit, 2011-10-12 at 17:08 +0800, Huang, FrankR wrote:

> But the second diff is useful.

Ah yes, looks like I copied the URL to the browser incorrectly before.

> From its content, it will do some modification to functions like
> evergreen_irq_ack(). Actually right now I am developing graphics
> driver under wec7 and use linux graphics driver as the reference. I
> want to know how to use this patch.

From gitk, I think you probably mean commit
6f34be50bd1bdd2ff3c955940e033a80d05f248a ('drm/radeon/kms: add pageflip
ioctl support (v3)').

> As you said, drm-radeon-fusion should be a part of drm-radeon-next.
> Then drm-radeon-next will be merged into drm-core-next?
> The log shows: "Merge branch 'drm-radeon-fusion' of ../drm-radeon-next
> into drm-core-next",

Oops sorry, I meant 'drm-core-next' when I said 'drm-radeon-next'.

> So what's the relationship between drm-core-next and master?

By master, do you mean Linus' tree? Dave Airlie regularly asks Linus to
merge DRM changes into his tree, and he usually complies. E.g. the
changes you're referring to were merged by Linus for 2.6.38-rc1 in
commit 5b2eef966cb2ae307aa4ef1767f7307774bc96ca on January 11th AFAICT
from gitk.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer           |                   http://www.amd.com