Question on git merge patch

Huang, FrankR FrankR.Huang at amd.com
Wed Oct 12 03:05:09 PDT 2011

Yup! I mean this patch. How do you find this patch? I have not used gitk before. You use it to find this patch? It seems that Alex submitted this patch to dri-devel mail list. Right? Actually I am not sure what is this patch is used for. Why Alex submit this big patch here? Why not xorg-driver-ati mail list? :)

> > As you said, drm-radeon-fusion should be a part of drm-radeon-next.
> > Then drm-radeon-next will be merged into drm-core-next?
> > The log shows: "Merge branch 'drm-radeon-fusion' of ../drm-radeon-next
> > into drm-core-next",
>
> Oops sorry, I meant 'drm-core-next' when I said 'drm-radeon-next'.
>
> > So what's the relationship between drm-core-next and master?
>
> By master, do you mean Linus' tree? Dave Airlie regularly asks Linus to
> merge DRM changes into his tree, and he usually complies. E.g. the
> changes you're referring to were merged by Linus for 2.6.38-rc1 in
> commit 5b2eef966cb2ae307aa4ef1767f7307774bc96ca on January 11th AFAICT
> from gitk.
Okay. Got it. So for some branches(like drm-radeon-next, drm-radeon-fusion), what are those branches used for?

> --
> Earthling Michel Dänzer           |                   http://www.amd.com
> Libre software enthusiast         |          Debian, X and DRI developer

Thanks,
Frank