[Xorg] Egbert moves us back to HEAD

Alexander Gottwald Alexander.Gottwald at s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
Sat Apr 24 01:31:30 PDT 2004

Keith Packard wrote:

> Around 2 o'clock on Apr 24, Roland Mainz wrote:
>
> > Erm... I did not get any commit emails... how was the merge done ? Dark
> > magic ? :)
>
> Yes indeed.  The fine syncmail script doesn't work when you commit changes
> through the file system, it only appears to work when you use ssh.

No. It also works when working locally and the problems with deadlocks and
mail sending are present with ssh too.

> Egbert kludged around this by temporarily disabling the commit mails.
>
> I think this could be fixed by using temporary files instead of pipes in
> the syncmail script, but that's always fraught with peril of symlink
> attacks.

The script already uses temporary files which names are generated by tempfile.
But the merges generate to many mails and after sending the first (about 20)
the connection to the smtp server drops. maybe a security feature to avaoid
flooding the mailserver.

bye
    ago
 Alexander.Gottwald at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de