[Xorg] Egbert moves us back to HEAD

Egbert Eich eich at pdx.freedesktop.org
Sat Apr 24 07:13:08 PDT 2004

Roland Mainz writes:
 > Keith Packard wrote:
 > > > Erm... I did not get any commit emails... how was the merge done ? Dark
 > > > magic ? :)
 > >
 > > Yes indeed.  The fine syncmail script doesn't work when you commit changes
 > > through the file system, it only appears to work when you use ssh.
 >
 > So someone can change the CVS repository and noone else will notice it ?
 > Nice... ;-(

The cummulative log messages should still have gone thru.
I will try and check this later on.

 > > Egbert kludged around this by temporarily disabling the commit mails.
 >
 > Does that mean when the service gets enabled again we will see commit
 > emails for all changes ?

No. I've had it with syncmail.
Unless somebody comes up with an improved version I will not
reenable it.
The cummulative logs should be sufficient to get an overview
of what has changed. Also I have a script which will automatically
retreive a diff.
In the case of the merge you probably don't want the diff anyway.
It is meaningless because the prior version on head was not well
defined.

Regards,
	Egbert.