[Xorg] why is Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5" needed for my scrollmouse to work

Norberto Bensa nbensa at gmx.net
Sun Aug 15 09:04:32 PDT 2004

Jörgen Lidholm wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-08-15 at 02:14, Jim Gettys wrote:
> > Unless someone knows why it would be a bad idea, maybe we
> > should consider it.
>
> I have a Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 which has actually 9 buttons.
> Or 7 plus two non-working mousewheel-tilt-buttons.
>
> I think that I have to remap my buttons so that the wheel is set
> to button 6 7 and my side buttons to 4 5 to get them to work.

Ah ha! Yes. My Intellimouse Explorer also has that configuration:

	Section "InputDevice"
	        Identifier      "Mouse0"
	        Driver          "mouse"
	        Option          "Protocol"              "ExplorerPS/2"
	        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
	        Option          "Buttons"               "7"
	        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "Off"
	EndSection

This one is five buttons. Left, right, and middle click. Two buttons on the
side for back, forward. And the wheel.

Regards,
Norberto