xc/programs considered harmful

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Fri Dec 17 07:57:11 PST 2004

Hi all,
Does anyone realistically care about[0] the following directories:
xc/programs/xterm
xc/programs/xlogo
xc/programs/xclock
xc/programs/xeyes
xc/programs/xbiff
xc/programs/xcalc
xc/programs/xedit
xc/programs/xmessage
xc/programs/xmh
xc/programs/xman
xc/programs/xrx
xc/programs/xvidtune

If no-one objects (read: steps in and starts maintaining the relevant
program) to the removal of any of these, I would like to kick them from
the tree ASAP.  They have no place in the tree as we move towards a
monolithic structure, and at least one (xterm) has a very active
upstream.  If xterm remains in the monolithic tree, it should be moved
to extras/, along with lib/Xrender, lib/Xrandr, et al.

Cheers,
Daniel

[0]: As in, volunteer to maintain.