xc/programs considered harmful

Stuart Kreitman Stuart.Kreitman at Sun.COM
Fri Dec 17 08:30:44 PST 2004

Daniel:

While I share your preference for removing code as one of the
purest forms of programming ;-), I do not understand the motivation
for this request.  I use some of these programs all the time, sometimes
tweaking or borrowing for writing cheapo test cases and
would not appreciate having yet another broken pointer in my life.

If by "maintaining" you mean bug fixing, are there any bugs
recorded against any of these? (surely there must be some on xterm
in its long and speckled life).

skk