xc/programs considered harmful

Leon Shiman leon at magic.shiman.com
Fri Dec 17 10:51:02 PST 2004

Daniel -

There  is a procedure already in place for deprecating ANY code. It is part
of X.Org's commitment to stability of the code base.  The Architecture Group
is the place to start; under Paul Anderson's chairmanship they are empowered
to review and propose changes. You should write xorg_arch at x.org.

It is also inappropriate to propose cdhanges - much less changes of this
magnitude - just prior to the Christmas-New Year's holidays, which affect
many active members of the community.

I suggest you start by reviewing standing policies with Paul Anderson.

Leon