xc/programs considered harmful

John McCutchan ttb at tentacle.dhs.org
Fri Dec 17 11:20:48 PST 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 13:51 -0500, Leon Shiman wrote:
> Daniel -
>
> There  is a procedure already in place for deprecating ANY code. It is part
> of X.Org's commitment to stability of the code base.  The Architecture Group
> is the place to start; under Paul Anderson's chairmanship they are empowered
> to review and propose changes. You should write xorg_arch at x.org.

They should be reading and participating on this list then eh? Part of
the reason for ditching XFree was to avoid this kind of closed circle of
power wasn't it? I thought the community was going to decide the
direction of X now. Considering that Daniel is one of the biggest
participators in the X community, I guess not.

--
John McCutchan <ttb at tentacle.dhs.org>