[Xorg] [ALPHA] Duoview support for mobile savages

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 09:07:10 PDT 2004

At long last I've gotten duoview (dualhead) working with my savage IX!
It should also work on MX and Supersavage chips, but I don't have the
hardware to test.  My current code is a bit of a hack, basically just 2
viewports into a big framebuffer.  There are no safeguards in the code
at the moment.  USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!  As I'm not (yet) able to change
the framebuffer offset on crtc2, only left of, above, and clone
orientations are supported right now.  Configuration notes and support
information as well as a patch and binary are available here:
http://www.botchco.com/alex/new-savage/html/
Full-fledged "regular" multi-head and MergedFB support as well as bug
fixes and new features will be added as I have time.

I want to thank Tim and Austin for their help on this.  I could not
have done it with out them.

Enjoy,

Alex