[Xorg] Fail to run fd.o Xserver

jserv at linux2.cc.ntu.edu.tw jserv at linux2.cc.ntu.edu.tw
Wed Jul 21 00:22:18 PDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 01:08:37PM -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
> You just disabled three of the four transports X knows about.  Since you
> probably don't have DECnet support in your kernel (no one does), the server
> will never be able to find a transport to listen on.  Thus the "Cannot
> establish any listening sockets" error.
>
> You need to enable at least one of those, and you'll probably want both unix
> and tcp.

Thanks for indicating me with th above points. I reconfigured again with
both tcp and unix transport enabled, but I still got the same errors.

It's strange that I configured xserver with the same configurations, and
it did work for me, but it does fail to work since I cvs update.

Is there any clue to solve this problem? Thanks!

Sincerely,
Jim Huang