[Xorg] Xserver built with --enable-xorgserver

Jakub Piotr Cłapa loc at toya.net.pl
Sat Jun 26 12:46:16 PDT 2004

Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 05:17:19PM +0200, Jakub Piotr C??apa wrote:
>
>>#v+
>>make[1]: Wej??cie do katalogu
>>`/home/users/jpc/src/Xserver/jhbuild/xserver/xkb'
>>[...]
>>
>>Any ideas?
>
> Uh, sure - don't do that. xserver/hw/xorg is known broken, and you
> should be using debrix (grab debrix, debrix-driver-ati,
> debrix-input-keyboard, and debrix-input-mouse; same $CVSROOT) instead.
> If you don't have an ATI card, wait until I fix up my CVS setup at home
> so I can import some build fixes to make fbdev (and probably nv and
> friends) work.

Ok. A have a Radeon 9200 so I'll try.

>>btw. Are Xgl and Xsdl supposed to work? What's the status of GLX + DRI?
>>Is there any sense in GLX without DRI (I found a message which states
>>that they don't really work together now)?
>
> Xsdl should work fine.

#v+
[jpc at loc ~] /opt/fdo/bin/Xsdl :3

Fatal server error:
no screens found
#v-

(I know it's not really informative, but strace doesn't really look
better. I can provide any info (including playing with gdb), just tell
my what you need.)

--
Ragards,
Jakub Piotr Cłapa