[Xorg] Xserver built with --enable-xorgserver

Jaymz Julian jaymz at artificial-stupidity.net
Sat Jun 26 22:30:46 PDT 2004

On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 09:46:16PM +0200, Jakub Piotr Clapa wrote:
> >>btw. Are Xgl and Xsdl supposed to work? What's the status of GLX + DRI?
> >>Is there any sense in GLX without DRI (I found a message which states
> >>that they don't really work together now)?
> >
> > Xsdl should work fine.
> >

> #v+
> [jpc at loc ~] /opt/fdo/bin/Xsdl :3
>
> Fatal server error:
> no screens found
> #v-

You're not actually supposed to use Xsdl - it's a terribly naieve implentation,
which is there just for debugging - but in most cases, the default screen
of 640x480x4 won't work.  If you add -screen 640x480x16 or some other value,
then it will work.  But you have been warned about the "badly" part. :)

	-- jj

Jaymz Julian - Coder, Visionary, Fat Ass.
"Hannibal is a serial killer. He only likes to kill and eat people.
 Very few people have `I want to be killed and eaten' on their cards,
 so Hannibal is out of a job." - http://cards.sf.net