Debugging X.org drivers?

Kendall Bennett KendallB at scitechsoft.com
Mon Nov 1 18:26:59 PST 2004

Donnie Berkholz <spyderous at gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 15:38 -0800, Kendall Bennett wrote:
> > Plus GDB command line sucks, and I still can't find a decent GUI front
> > end for it.
>
> Have you tried ddd? http://www.gnu.org/software/ddd

Yes, that is what I use all the time. But it is a Motif front end, blech.
And the watch windows are really weird. The best front end I have used
was the GVD front end, but it is written in Ada and I guess the GNU Ada
folks didn't think anyone used it for C/C++ debugging so they killed that
support and now it only works for Ada ;-(.

Having used the Open Watcom debugger for so long I just love that thing.
Simple and powerful. Rather than write a new front end to GDB, we are
just making Open Watcom understand GNU debug info (they both use Dwarf 2,
but their implementations were quite different when we started).

Regards,

---
Kendall Bennett
Chief Executive Officer
SciTech Software, Inc.
Phone: (530) 894 8400
http://www.scitechsoft.com

~ SciTech SNAP - The future of device driver technology! ~