problems with ati 9600 xinerama

Chuck Mead csm at MoonGroup.com
Sat Nov 27 12:56:54 PST 2004

Alex Deucher wrote:

>>Section "Device"
>>        Identifier  "Videocard0"
>>        Driver      "radeon"
>>        VendorName  "ATI"
>>        BoardName   "ATI Radeon 9600"
>>        Option      "AGPMode"        "4"
>>        #Option     "AGPFastWrite"   "on"
>>        Option      "BusType" "AGP"
>>        BusID       "PCI:01:00:0"
>>        #ChipId      0x5157
>

> If the driver has trouble detecting your monitors you may need to
> force them on using the "monitorlayout" option. see the radeon man
> page for more.

Okay so I fugured one thing out... I can get it to mirror the desktop
across two monitors if I set the monitor resolution on both monitors the
same. *BUT* I cannot get it to do one big desktop extended across the
two monitor no matter what I do. This is *NOT* how I remember xinerama
working in the past. I have had it working on a different set of
hardware before and I actually had one big desktop extended across the
two screens and that is what I want... any ideas?

--
csm at moongroup.com, head geek
http://moongroup.com