Spurious Xserver crashes in WaitForSomething

Felix Kühling fxkuehl at gmx.de
Fri Oct 1 14:46:53 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm getting spurious Xserver crashes with a fatal error in
WaitForSomething since two days ago (got two of them to be exact). My
report can be found in fd.o bugzilla #1505. Select returns with
errno==EINVAL. I added some debug output to the problematic function but
it didn't reveal any illegal arguments to select.

Now I just remembered the removed default fops in the DRM and Keith's
mentioning crashes when he last tried that. If the Xserver tries to use
select on a DRM file descriptor that doesn't support it (poll I guess),
it would get EINVAL now.

I just don't know how it happens the file descriptor of a DRM device
would be used with WaitForSomething. Maybe a different bug ..., maybe
one in the savage driver? Has anyone else got similar crashes on
different hardware?

Regards,
  Felix

| Felix Kühling <fxkuehl at gmx.de>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |