newbie problems installing...

Jakob Nickerson roddimus at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 19:06:44 PDT 2004

Hi, for some reason i decided to attempt to install x.org on my system
having never installed anything that wasn't a debian package before
and it seems i failed miserably.  Sorry, I am pretty new to linux and
I honestly have no idea what i'm doing when it comes to this sort of
thing. Here's what was at the bottom of the /var/log/Xorg.0.log :

Fatal server error:
Cannot run in framebuffer mode. Please specify busIDs for all
framebuffer devices

anyways, I can't seem to find the conf files.  and I don't even know
if that's my only problem... please help me?

Jakob.