newbie problems installing...

Kaczmarek, Thaddeus tkaczmar at Crownfin.com
Fri Oct 8 06:30:26 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 22:06 -0400, Jakob Nickerson wrote:
> Hi, for some reason i decided to attempt to install x.org on my system
> having never installed anything that wasn't a debian package before
> and it seems i failed miserably.  Sorry, I am pretty new to linux and
> I honestly have no idea what i'm doing when it comes to this sort of
> thing. Here's what was at the bottom of the /var/log/Xorg.0.log :
>
> Fatal server error:
> Cannot run in framebuffer mode. Please specify busIDs for all
> framebuffer devices
>
> anyways, I can't seem to find the conf files.  and I don't even know
> if that's my only problem... please help me?
>
> Jakob.

xorg.conf is the config file.
Haven't used Debian in  along time, but I would be shocked if they
didn't have the xorg packages in unstable/dev somewhere.

Ted

DISCLAIMER

confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me and
permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout
thereof.

E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The
sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in
the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.
REGARDING PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
Crown Financial Group may, at its discretion, monitor and review the content
of all e-mail communications.