Weird: xmms interrupted for 1/2 sec when switching off DFP monitor

Felix Kühling fxkuehl at gmx.de
Wed Oct 13 05:23:03 PDT 2004

Hi,

I just observed a very strange phenomenon. When I switch off my DFP
monitor (because DPMS is currently broken in the Savage driver) music
playing in xmms is interrupted for about half a second and then resumes.
When I switch on the monitor again I can also see two small spikes in
the CPU usage diagram, one when switching the monitor off and one when
switching it back on (the latter doesn't interrupt the sound though).
Does the Xserver somehow react to a signal from the monitor in a way
that would cause a long latency in music playback?

TIA for any illumination,

   Felix

| Felix Kühling <fxkuehl at gmx.de>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |