ATI mach64 core consultant work needed

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Fri Oct 15 21:28:54 PDT 2004

On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 12:27:24AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Friday 15 October 2004 23:50, Daniel Stone wrote:
> >On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 11:53:58AM -0500, Richard Smith wrote:
> >> We have the register docs for the M1 and the BIOS source code and
> >> we have permission from ATI to release any source code generated
> >> from these sources under GPL whatever so any work done can go
> >> directly back into the X tree.
> >
> >For what it's worth, the current ATI driver (and the rest of the X
> > tree) is either under a three-clause BSD licence (i.e. sans
> > advertising clause), or the MIT/X11 licence; both are significantly
> > more permissive than the GPL.
>
> That sounds like pretty good news Daniel.  Is all this in the current
> 6.8.1 release?  Now if I could just figure out why I can't get more
> than 190fps out of an X-tacy branded r200 (9200 SE 128 megs) board.
> But most of my posts have apparently fallen thru a crack someplace.
> I saw one post a couple of weeks back claiming nearly 2000fps on a
> slightly slower box than this 2800 Xp athlon.   We need a
> menu/checklist of all the stuff to check when things get mired in
> time.  Or is there one someplace I've not been pointed at yet?

Sorry, I meant the ATI driver as in the open source one -- just stating
the licence all of the X code was in, meaning that GPL would be
unsuitable.

--
Daniel Stone                                            <daniel at freedesktop.org>
freedesktop.org: powering your desktop                http://www.freedesktop.org