ATI mach64 core consultant work needed

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Oct 15 21:27:24 PDT 2004

On Friday 15 October 2004 23:50, Daniel Stone wrote:
>On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 11:53:58AM -0500, Richard Smith wrote:
>> We have the register docs for the M1 and the BIOS source code and
>> we have permission from ATI to release any source code generated
>> from these sources under GPL whatever so any work done can go
>> directly back into the X tree.
>
>For what it's worth, the current ATI driver (and the rest of the X
> tree) is either under a three-clause BSD licence (i.e. sans
> advertising clause), or the MIT/X11 licence; both are significantly
> more permissive than the GPL.

That sounds like pretty good news Daniel.  Is all this in the current
6.8.1 release?  Now if I could just figure out why I can't get more
than 190fps out of an X-tacy branded r200 (9200 SE 128 megs) board.
But most of my posts have apparently fallen thru a crack someplace.
I saw one post a couple of weeks back claiming nearly 2000fps on a
slightly slower box than this 2800 Xp athlon.   We need a
menu/checklist of all the stuff to check when things get mired in
time.  Or is there one someplace I've not been pointed at yet?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)