Resize problems with savage and DRI.

Sérgio Monteiro Basto sergiomb at netcabo.pt
Thu Oct 21 19:41:29 PDT 2004

Hi !
I just finish to test Alex updates on cvs , and xv is quit better. I
almost can set xv_colorkey (some times works sometimes don't).
Modes videos 800x600 and ... now works better. I got the correct video
but not the mouse, the mouse still act only in old area.

Testing 3D games, quake 3, foobilard and tux race works totally well,
but chromium have the mouse problem on menu screen but works perfectly
on game action.

Hoping not talking to much but this reminds me the timr savage drive,
with via drive I don't had this problem.
At the time, timr claim the drive support some savage ships that is
different of what via claims on his drive support on savage ships,
via has in his list my ship the twister K.
In conclusion the original via savage drive can have the solution of
this is my guess.

thanks,

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 05:04, Alex Deucher wrote:
> Just an FYI, I think I sorted out the mode change issues with Xv.  Xv
> works fine in all modes I've tested.  let me know if it works for you,
> especially if the weird effects you mentioned are fixed.
>
> Alex
>

> On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 16:52:26 +0100, Dan Gray <dan at dangray.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >   I'm using the savage CVS code and am having problems with resizing the
> > screen.
> >
> >   Both the standard Crtl-Alt-+ and SDL apps fail to rescale the display
> > properly, with the C-A-+ option leaving corruption at the top and bottom
> > of the screen (clears with I switch back to default 1024x768) and SDL
> > (try Neverball or Tuxracer for an example) fails to resize the screen to
> > lower resolutions, resulting in a strange, corrupt
> > half-display-sort-of-thing.
> >
> >   Also, Xv seems to be glitching, generating vertical lines up and down
> > the screen on high resolution video.
> >
> >   I've tried various combinations of xorg.conf file, does anyone have
> > any  suggestions? Is this a bug?
> >
> >   BTW, i've been hosting binaries of the savage drivers for some time
> > (see http://www.dangray.org/index.php?id=69) is there any information
> > that you guys think I should be providing? I'm getting 4-5 downloads a
> > day, so they're obviously being used somewhat.
> >
> >    Thanks
> >     Dan Gray
Sérgio M. B.