The ati petition

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Sep 3 21:12:22 PDT 2004

On Friday 03 September 2004 11:03, Alan Cox wrote:
>On Gwe, 2004-09-03 at 16:23, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> The machine?  AMD 2800XP.  Biostar M7-NCD-Pro Motherboard.  A gig
>> of DDR333 dual channel ram, and an Extacy 9200SE 128 meg card.  I
>> certainly ought to be able to run tuxracer.
>
>9200 3D works in CVS Xorg.
>
>Their 2D in CVS works up to the very latest PCI Express hardware -
> which I think counts as pretty damned good support.
>
>Alan

In other words, the upcoming X.org 6.8 release should pour a bit of
nitros in the tuxracer tank...

Having burnt some of that in my earlier years, I rather like the
smell.  Anybody remember when a good gokart was good for 130mph?
And thats with gasolene in the tank, booze and dynamite ran even
better.  I do.  Fun times 40 years ago.  :-)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)