xawtv

Miguel Angel Alvarez maacruz at navegalia.com
Sun Sep 12 16:27:49 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I'm posting this to the mailing list since I doubt it is a X bug...
If you have a tv card may be you'll have noticed that on kernel 2.6.x xawtv
performs very slow when dragging, resizing or clipping the window.
This has been noticed in the v4l mailing list before (see
http://www.spinics.net/lists/vfl/msg07673.html).
But testing the new Xorg 6.8.0 release (on SuSE linux 9.1) I have found that
using xcomposite (with xcompmgr) make things better, xawtv is still slow, but
much more usable.
Could something be done on the X side to fix this?
--
Don't see the world trought a window, be open{source}minded, and be free :-)